Driving a lot this weekend. Being all like — is this the afterlife?
"Is this Heaven?"
“No, it’s Iowa”
My favorite pic from yesterday’s ride.
Next year I gotta do this. RAGBRAI = 5 day bike ride across Iowa + all of the homemade pies you can eat.
Neon signs of Soviet Poland and a fantastic interview with photographer Ilona Karwińska on the BBC.
1. Winding trail down Rock Creek Parkway, which closes off motor traffic on weekends.
2. Crossing the Potomac over Key Bridge.
3. Stuffing our faces at Eden Center, home to bahn mi, spring rolls, vietnamese coffee, boba, and these delicious chewy little rice desserts. So good. We stopped at like 4-5 different shops just to get more food.
4. Breezy ride down the Washington & Old Dominion trail. Which is gorgeous, by the way. Plus there’s a train car you can wander through at the start of the trail.
5. Taking the W&OD to the Mt. Vernon trail, up past National Airport to my favorite secret spot — Gravelly point. We at the last of our Vietnamese snack foods, and watched the planes taking off.
“Fuck that shit,” Harper Reed, Obama’s former chief technology officer, told us. “It is GIF.”
“It is GIF all the way, and I do not care what the founder thinks,” added Teddy Goff, the Obama campaign’s digital director.
“If people think it’s JIF,” Michael Slaby, Obama’s former chief integration and innovation officer, chimed in,”they’re not very smart.
I don’t think there’s a gif close to expressing how much pride I feel right now.
Man, I miss Chicago a lot sometimes.
Amazing. Syncing 300 analog clocks to create one massive, moving, digital presence. How do I get this as a screensaver?