1. Winding trail down Rock Creek Parkway, which closes off motor traffic on weekends.
2. Crossing the Potomac over Key Bridge.
3. Stuffing our faces at Eden Center, home to bahn mi, spring rolls, vietnamese coffee, boba, and these delicious chewy little rice desserts. So good. We stopped at like 4-5 different shops just to get more food.
4. Breezy ride down the Washington & Old Dominion trail. Which is gorgeous, by the way. Plus there’s a train car you can wander through at the start of the trail.
5. Taking the W&OD to the Mt. Vernon trail, up past National Airport to my favorite secret spot — Gravelly point. We at the last of our Vietnamese snack foods, and watched the planes taking off.